Updated EDU SIG Artwork Request

Máirí­n Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 21 20:18:11 UTC 2009

Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
> María Leandro wrote:
>> Hello again.
>>
>> This afternoon I had some ideas for the Artwork, and this two thing
>> came up... only a sketch.
>>
>> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper2.jpg
>> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper3.jpg
>
> Hi and thanks for all your work!
>
> I do really like the second one (wallpaper3)... :)

Me too, my favorite is wallpaper 3.

A couple quick comments:

- I would take the outline that is around the infinity symbol in the
Fedora logo out. You want to make sure you are using the logo according
to the usage guidelines [1] which prohibit this kind of treatment.

- Instead of using a specialized font for the "EDU", I would maybe just
write out "Education" in MgOpen Modata. It would fit in nicely with our
secondary branding scheme then.

I love the bright colors and I also like how the focus of the graphics
is on the lower right, although maybe this graphic is too busy for a
wallpaper. I think it would be really nice for splashes and other
branding materials though, and maybe you could pull out the pencils/sun
and just have a slightly desaturated version of the sky+clouds for the
wallpaper?

~m

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines