Updated EDU SIG Artwork Request

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Jan 22 07:00:17 UTC 2009

Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
>> María Leandro wrote:
>>>
>>> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper2.jpg
>>> http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper3.jpg
>
> Me too, my favorite is wallpaper 3.

Me too :p  It is much stronger than the other

> A couple quick comments:
>
> - I would take the outline that is around the infinity symbol in the
> Fedora logo out. You want to make sure you are using the logo according
> to the usage guidelines [1] which prohibit this kind of treatment.

I saw that coming...

> - Instead of using a specialized font for the "EDU", I would maybe just
> write out "Education" in MgOpen Modata. It would fit in nicely with our
> secondary branding scheme then.
>
> I love the bright colors and I also like how the focus of the graphics
> is on the lower right, although maybe this graphic is too busy for a
> wallpaper. I think it would be really nice for splashes and other
> branding materials though, and maybe you could pull out the pencils/sun
> and just have a slightly desaturated version of the sky+clouds for the
> wallpaper?

And pay more attention to the light source and direction. Your primary
light source is the sun, so it think:
- pencil shadows on the ground should be directed to the down-left;
- the pencil shadows on the other pencils should go the opposite way;
- the light rays should originate from the sun, not from the ground.