New Concept for F11 King

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 15:43:18 UTC 2009

On Monday 30 March 2009 14:46:36 Charlie Brej wrote:
> Samuele Storari wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I want to submit a new concept and a new layout for this F11 release,
> > seeing you a little stuck on the current landscape theme,and I hear a lot
> > of rumors about "Windows-like" layout.
>
> I like this, and the people in the office love it. I don't think I would
> change it at all. The area on the left is nice and blue which leaves the
> desktop icons easily visible. The theme is perfect.
>
> Going through the image bit by bit the only thing I didn't like was the
> "back_work" layer which has square edges that look a bit out of place.
>
> Because the focus of the image is pretty centred (unlike solar, for
> example, which was to the right), we can use Zoom to clip the left and
> right edges and thus distribute a smaller set of images (1920x1200 with
> left and right clipped by Zoom on gnome desktop background options looks
> fine on a 1600x1200 screen). I assume this is the case for KDE as well
> (Jaroslav?).

Scale&Crop should work but if we want this theme then it has to be background
for KDM and KSplash and there's no scaling/cropping support.

We should decide very soon which theme become default one. Current Leonidas
landscape still needs a lot of work - it looks very nice on small screens
(EEE) but on my workstation it lacks details and looks blurry. This Lion one
is maybe too complicated but with some tweaking it could be really wonderful
theme.

Jaroslav