artwork pages name mismatch

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon May 4 22:01:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 10:53:06PM +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Martin Sourada
> <martin.sourada at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 22:14 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F9Themes
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F11
> >>
> >> Also can you please tell me how to navigate from main Fedora Artwork
> >> page to Fedora Themes (current theme, past themes and future themes)?
> >>
> >> I don't see any links that lead from main Fedora Artwork page to
> >> themes pages... is that on purpose? Why?
> > Not sure if it's on purpose or not, but it's probably not a good idea to
> > keep links from our main page to everywhere... You can navigate to all
> > Artwork pages from
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Artwork
> >
> > If not, than that is definitely a not on purpose and should be fixed.
>
> I understand and agree that links should not be used carelessly and
> put all over the main page. But there are lots of links, and most are
> uninteresting for people not directly involved in artwork team. Non
> artwork people like me this is ok, but I still expected a link for the
> final artwork on main artwork page.
>
> 1. I want to show people or I want to see current and previous Fedora artwork.
> 2. I go to www.fedoraproject.org
> 3. click to go to wiki pages
> 4. click on artwork
> 5. look around
> 6. can't find any actual artwork
>
> I guess that other people will also expect  to see some fedora artwork
> (or at least links to fedora artworks) and not only artwork team
> pages. The page name is "Artwork" so am I wrong to expect some artwork
> here? ;)

Valent,

The wiki is editable by anyone -- so this would be an opportunity for
*you* to help by proposing and then making changes on the wiki.
That's a model for wiki page improvement that has worked very well in
the recent case of the Fedora QA team.  A volunteer made changes into
a private space under his User: page on the wiki, got people to speak
up with votes of approval, and then he made those changes into the
"official" QA section of the wiki.