permissions in mock

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Tue Jul 26 07:13:38 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 08:53, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 08:33 +0800, Jeff Pitman wrote:
> > Anyone else notice in the build.log that there are areas where
> > permission is denied when doing stuff.  The two most notable are 1.
> > checking for unpackaged files, and 2. stripping binary libs.  It
> > has to do with the buildroot, but, I have not tracked it down yet.
>
> Can you send an example log?  I don't remember seeing this when I was
> testing the SELinux stuff.  Also, do you have SELinux enabled or
> disabled?

[jeff at symbiont pyvault-build]$ selinuxenabled
[jeff at symbiont pyvault-build]$ echo $?
1
Why do we document -256 as the return value? ;-)

I'm actually using an old version of mock-helper.  The one that doesn't
have selinux changes, etc.  But, I'm not running it so I didn't think
it'd do anything.  Anyway, I just complied the new one and did a
rebuild. However, it still happens.

Without fail I get this everytime:

Checking for unpackaged
file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files /var/tmp/python22-2.2.
3-root
find: cannot get current directory: Permission denied
warning: Could not canonicalize hostname: symbiont.shacknet.nu

I think the warning could be cleaned up by throwing something
in /etc/hosts.

--
-jeff