yum+mach2 for fedora-development tree pseudo-release

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Mar 1 07:04:12 UTC 2005

>Seems to work okay in some quick testing on a rawhide i386 box.
>anaconda built fine.  On the other hand, the mach package is missing a
>buildrequires on libselinux-devel ;-)
>
>If I'm not snowed in tomorrow, I'll try to do an install on an x86_64
>box and see how things go there.

I installed on an x86_64 box. FC3 but made an installroot of rawhide.
The installroot works fine - but rpm commands flake out when you run
them from the outside of the chroot. Oddly yum --installroot commands
work just fine from the outside.

anyway - if we run on the same rpm version we're building for it
shouldn't be a problem. I'll install the other opteron tomorrow and see
if I can get a mach x86 chroot running on x86_64 w/setarch reasonably
sanely.

if we can get there then maybe a mass rebuild can be:

for pkg in *
  do
   if [ -d $pkg/devel ]; then
         make srpm
   fi
 done

find ./ -name \*.src.rpm | xargs mach rebuild

with a lot of disk space available :)

-sv