RPATH and build root traces

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sat Mar 26 09:08:44 UTC 2005

/usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot
/usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths

%__arch_install_post /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot

fedora-rpmdevtools contains these two scripts that can be run at the end
of rpmbuild automatically with this above rpmmacro.  Can we consider
adding this as a standard to mach buildroots?

Enrico's scripts above have worked very well for us in detecting and
forcing us to correct RPATH problems for a long time now.  I am not
aware of any false positives discovered during all this time.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com