RPATH and build root traces

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Mar 26 18:40:47 UTC 2005

Am Freitag, den 25.03.2005, 23:08 -1000 schrieb Warren Togami:
> /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot
> /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths
>
> %__arch_install_post /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot
>
> fedora-rpmdevtools contains these two scripts that can be run at the end
> of rpmbuild automatically with this above rpmmacro.  Can we consider
> adding this as a standard to mach buildroots?
>
> Enrico's scripts above have worked very well for us in detecting and
> forcing us to correct RPATH problems for a long time now.  I am not
> aware of any false positives discovered during all this time.

I'm all for it but a small warning here: I think that a lot of x86_64
packages will fail due to hardcoded RPATH -- I saw it in a lot of
different packages in the past. Some were fixed, a lot not, because I
considered fixing x86_64 packages for extras was more important at this
point then to fix all appearances of hardcoded RPATH.

Maybe we should wait with this after FC4 and FC4 extras are out?
Otherwise a lot of x86_64 packages that were in FC3 extras might be
missing in FC4 extras. Or we could modify the script so it warns only
for the moment. After FC4, we could modify it again so the build fails
again if it finds a hardcoded RPATH.