plague-server && mysql

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Oct 24 16:21:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 11:42 -0400, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> On Oct 24, 2005, at 11:32 AM, Dan Williams wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 15:45 -0400, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm attaching a patch to allow plague-server to use MySQL (by
> >> following Chris' instructions).  I'm still working on getting my
> >> buildsys working, so I haven't tested this out with building
> >> packages, but I can say that at least the tables get created when the
> >> server first starts.
> >>
> >> It'd be nice if this could get added to CVS :)
> >>

> > Committed, thanks!
> >
> > Dan
> >

> Cool, thanks.  I was just looking and noticed that the user
> information is always stored in sqlite no matter what backend is used
> for the job information.  I think it would be nice to have everything
> stored in the same place no matter what DB backend is chosen.  If I
> can figure out a way to get User.py to use DBManager, would you
> consider importing that into CVS, or is there a reason that sqlite is
> used exclusively?

Not really, just the fact that having users be in sqlite isn't a problem
since nobody really writes to the userdb that often.  That's not the
case with the job database.  But we should most likely use the same DB
for everything.  So if you've got a patch, I'll take it.  It should be
fairly straightforward since we don't need any of the Unique ID crap
(email addresses are the index key here).

Dan