Patch to store user info in different DB engines

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Oct 26 18:48:14 UTC 2005

I'm attaching a patch which uses DBManager for interacting with the
user database rather than always relying upon sqlite.  This way, if
you use pgsql or mysql for your database back-end, user information
will be stored there as well.

The problem is, this will screw up current installations which are
using pgsql/mysql because the old code assumes sqlite is used for
user info, so suddenly your user database will be empty...  I guess
the easiest way around this is to write a quick script to pull
everything out of the sqlite database and put it into mysql/pgsql.
Also, I'll look at updating the user-manager.py script.  In fact, I
guess it may be easiest to add export/import functions to that for
migrating the user info.

Let me know what you think.

-Jeff