Patch to store user info in different DB engines

Chris Weyl chris.weyl at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 20:41:22 UTC 2005

On 10/28/05, Jeff Sheltren <sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu> wrote:
> Here is a patch for user-manager.py to use DBManager for its database
> access.  This allows user-manager.py to work with multiple db types.

I haven't had a chance to take a look at the patch yet, but does it
provide for a way to keep the userdb & jobdb separate?  I'm thinking
(and might be wrong here <grin>) that if it's easy to do, it might be
useful to allow for, e.g, jobdb in mysql but userdb in sqlite,
especially in terms of upgrades.  Maybe a flag, e.g. "job_db_engine"
or somesuch in the server config, that if left out, defaults to the
overall db being used.

                                            -Chris