Kernel-Modules in the buildsys

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 20:19:01 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 14:00 -0500, Chris Weyl wrote:
> - every time a new kernel is released, the spec would have to be
> tweaked and a rebuild job submitted.
> - every time a new version of the kernel module is released, see above

We'd like to have the buildsys trigger builds of modules automatically
when a new kernel gets built though, so these two minuses are pretty
large...

If this is the scheme, we'll need some changes in:

1) Mock: allow passing of values to the rpmbuild command
2) Plague: figure out what variables to pass to mock based on a specific
kernel, and also auto-rebuild kernel modules when the kernel changes

So we can't do this without changes to plague & mock.

Dan