F8 rawhide, error from method.py during kickstart install from cdrom

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Dec 19 00:46:17 UTC 2007

floyd smith wrote:
> I get the exact same error with CDROM install using even a much simpler
> kickstart file with both graphfical and text install. Have you found any
> solution? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have even tried the anaconda
> generated one as well as the a simple one from the kickstart generator tool.

The Fedora Unity Re-Spin oughta solve this; it is available for testing
only currently, but the more testers check off an item of our testing
matrix to ensure there is no regression compared to the original Fedora
8 installation media, the faster all items are checked off and we can
release it for real.

Check out http://spins.fedoraunity.org/, register and drop a mail on
test-team at fedoraunity.org to get the appropriate access. You would
download the Re-Spin, continue to do what it is you normally do with it
and then give us some feedback as to what are the results. Should be
fairly painless ;-)

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen