w00t!!!

Essien Ita Essien essien at wazobialinux.com
Thu Feb 8 12:54:31 UTC 2007

Hiya All,

First off... pungi is looking fantastic so far!!!

I have a set of tools that do the same thing that pungi does... (i call
it fcdistroutils, and i've been using it since FC4). Lately, I've had
problem after problem with it, and when posting on the anaconda-devel
list, Jesse Keating suggested I look at pungi... and so far... sooo cool :)

I'm currently watching pungi run buildinstall, lets see if it works for
me first try (i really hope it does... it blows my fcdistroutils out of
the water).

Anyways, as I keep using it, I'll be sure to help out in anyway that I can.

A quick idea-type-suggestive-question-kinda anyone mulling over an
integrated system that combines pungi and pilgrim? (I just ran across
pilgrim last week too). I used to use fcdistro to build both my
Installation CD, LiveCD (based off of kadischi) and ThinClient Image(s)
(based off of kadischi). It would be nice to have a nice integrated
system that allows you to just edit config files, and generate either:
    Install CD(s)
    Install DVD(s?)
    Live CD
    Live DVD
    root image(s)
    Complete dd-able thin-client image(s)

Oh.. and btw, pungi is already at: 'Creating Little endian 3.0
filesystem on /tmp/minstg2.img.11522, block size 65536.'
this may just work yet at first try :)

Thanks for the Good Work.

Cheers,
Essien