pungi used to create CD that includes a kickstart file

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 13:11:04 UTC 2007

On Thursday 14 June 2007 08:57:52 Joel Andres Granados wrote:
> What pungi does with the fedora-release and fedora-release-note packages
> is to rpm2cpio them into the tree.  So what is left at the end are files
> not the rpms.  What is being said is for the use to make a rpm with
> whatever files he/she wants to add and define the way to add them to the
> tree with the relnotefilere, relnotedirre, relnotepkgs variables (AFAIK
> these variables can be modified in the config file)
> The point is that what is being added is not an rpm but what is
> contained in the rpm (AFAIK).  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That is absolutely correct.  The method exploads the rpms into a temp dir and
snags the files matching the regex to place them on the install tree, and
thus the iso media.

You could have all these things packaged as 'vendor-pack-foo' that drops
things in /usr/share/doc/ for future reference or modification after the
installation is done as well, so not only would you be able to get those
files into the iso media, but you'd be able to have those files on the
installed system for later reference, without having to go back to the media,
or the install server, or playing games in %post.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora