A few Pungi questions

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Wed Nov 21 13:47:14 UTC 2007

> > * When running the text based Anaconda from the resulting ISO, all
> >   packages are selectable, not just those that are included in the custom
> >   dist. Is this a known limitation? Any other problems with the text based
> >   Anaconda, to watch out for?
> >

> As far as I can see, anaconda uses comps to determine what groups to display.
> If you have some third party packages, create a third party repository with a
> comps.xml and pungi should write out a merged comps file.

I've verified that a comps file is indeed created
(DESTDIR/VERSION/i386/os/repodata/NAME-VERSION-comps.xml), but it contains
all packages, for example scribus, even though this RPM is not included.

Somehow, the GUI Anaconda seems to "hide" the packages that are not
available, while the text based Anaconda doesn't.

> > * How can I create a CD that automatically uses a kickstart file? Revisor
> >   seems to support this, but we're using Pungi. I've found
> >   http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-buildsys-list/2007-June/msg00098.html,
> >   but perhaps there's a better way to do this?
> >

> Using pungi's different 'stages' that you can enable and disable, first
> compose a 'tree' -but not yet build an ISO, then copy in to that tree your
> ks.cfg and modify isolinux/isolinux.cfg to 'append ks'. Then run the final
> pungi stages.

Thanks. I wonder if this is the approach Revisor uses?

> > I also wonder if anyone has a minimal KS (but with X11) file to be used as a
> > template.
> >

> A minimal ks with X11 seems to me like you need:
>
> %packages --nobase
> @base-x
> %end

It seems anaconda-runtime is required as well.

Also, the resulting installer crashes when trying to install the
bootloader. I guess I need to add Grub as well.

Rgds,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer
Cendio AB		http://www.cendio.se