A few Pungi questions

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Nov 21 10:55:29 UTC 2007

Peter Åstrand wrote:
> Hi, I have a few questions about Pungi:
>
> * When running the text based Anaconda from the resulting ISO, all
>   packages are selectable, not just those that are included in the custom
>   dist. Is this a known limitation? Any other problems with the text based
>   Anaconda, to watch out for?

As far as I can see, anaconda uses comps to determine what groups to
display. If you have some third party packages, create a third party
repository with a comps.xml and pungi should write out a merged comps file.

> * How can I create a CD that automatically uses a kickstart file? Revisor
>   seems to support this, but we're using Pungi. I've found
>   http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-buildsys-list/2007-June/msg00098.html,
>   but perhaps there's a better way to do this?

Using pungi's different 'stages' that you can enable and disable, first
compose a 'tree' -but not yet build an ISO, then copy in to that tree
your ks.cfg and modify isolinux/isolinux.cfg to 'append ks'. Then run
the final pungi stages.

> * Where can I find documentation on the "special" Kickstart options that
>   Pungi understands, are there any others than "repo"?
>
> I also wonder if anyone has a minimal KS (but with X11) file to be used as
> a template.

A minimal ks with X11 seems to me like you need:

%packages --nobase
@base-x
%end

It'll pull in dependencies for @base-x, but not add the @core group.