RFC - Patch - koji SCM generalization

Mike Bonnet mikeb at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 18:30:56 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 14:13 -0400, rob myers wrote:
> attached is a patch that attempts to generalize checking out the
> components used to build an SRPM.  this patch supports CVS, GIT, and
> SVN, but only CVS and SVN have been tested.  the idea is to provide the
> infrastructure for different SCM systems to be configured at run-time so
> that users can choose their favorite system.

It would also be nice if rather than assuming the existence of the
"common/" module and hard-coding the "make srpm" command, there was some
way to specify what modules were necessary to checkout, and what command
to run to create a srpm.  This should probably be configurable
per-repository.  It might make sense to add a new database table to
store this information in a more flexible way than possible with the
config files.

However, this is a great start.  I'm going to review the patch more
carefully, and I'll see about merging it soon (after possibly removing
the scmtype config option I mentioned earlier).

Thanks a lot!