RFC - Patch - koji SCM generalization

rob myers rob.myers at gtri.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 23 19:02:02 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 14:25 -0400, Mike Bonnet wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 14:13 -0400, rob myers wrote:
> > attached is a patch that attempts to generalize checking out the
> > components used to build an SRPM.  this patch supports CVS, GIT, and
> > SVN, but only CVS and SVN have been tested.  the idea is to provide the
> > infrastructure for different SCM systems to be configured at run-time so
> > that users can choose their favorite system.
> >
> > is there a better approach?  did i miss something obvious?  general
> > comments?
>
> It looks pretty good, but I wonder if you need to make scmtype a config
> option?  I'd rather have Koji support all scmtypes all the time and have
> some other method for restricting what URLs are valid locations to
> download the source from.  Maybe a list of valid hostnames or
> hostname/path pairs?

what do you mean by "path"?  /cvsroot or /usr/bin/cvs?

i added the scmtype to function as a mechanism to determine which binary
to call for a given url.  for example, both git and svn can have http://
urls, so the url itself does not currently contain enough information to
indicate which binary should be called.  at the same time, there is no
reason koji could not support all types of scm at once- if there is a
mechanism to determine what binary or checkout command to call for a
given url.

an acl of approved SCM backends seems like it would be a nice feature.

rob.