How init mock in Koji?

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Tue Jul 22 21:45:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 17:27 -0400, Naveen Gavini wrote:
> Mike McLean wrote:
> > Linul wrote:
> >
> >> I have already set my koji server and every component is work OK.
> >>
> >> But not have any document mention howto init the buildroot?(or use mock
> >> environment)
> >>

> We are having a similar issue with problems on how to init the buildroot.
> We generated a config using 'koji mock-config' and copied this to
> site-defaults.cfg and default.cfg but we get the following error:
>
> When manually running mock it seems to init properly (we did not test
> with a package).
>
> This is the error with building from an SRPM via koji build:
>
> 2008-07-22 21:14:42,845 [WARNING] koji.build.TaskManager: could not init
> mock buildroot, mock exited with status 30
>
> Is there any further documentation on how to do this step?
>
> Thanks for your help.

My understanding is the mock fu is supposed to happen all behind the
scenes more or less.  Which is to say that A) as long as the mock topdir
in /etc/kojid/kojid.conf is valid and accessible as kojibuilder
(assuming you are running mock as kojibuilder, again settable in
kojid.conf) and B) your build group settings are sane (aka, the package
list to be installed is valid and will produce a reasonable build
environment), then it should all just work.

These are the things I had to make sure were correct to get it working
on my setup:

in /etc/kojid/kojid.conf:
mockdir and mockusr I left at the defaults (/var/lib/mock and
kojibuilder)
pkgurl must be a valid url on your web server and your wer server must
point that url to the root of the koji package tree (when yum runs in
the mock buildroot, it needs this to retrieve packages)

in /etc/kojira/kojira.conf
topdir must be correctly set to the same as KojiDir
in /etc/httpd/conf.d/kojihub.conf

in the koji database:
the build target must be valid
the build group for the build target must contain valid package names
(trying to use a comps group or meta package didn't work for me,
although it might be possible to make it work, I don't know, I was
unable to do so)

those were the major things that had to be correct as I recall, but I
could be missing something along the way...

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at