How init mock in Koji?

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Tue Jul 22 21:37:34 UTC 2008

Naveen Gavini wrote:
> We are having a similar issue with problems on how to init the buildroot.
> We generated a config using 'koji mock-config' and copied this to
> site-defaults.cfg and default.cfg but we get the following error:
>
> When manually running mock it seems to init properly (we did not test
> with a package).
>
> This is the error with building from an SRPM via koji build:
>
> 2008-07-22 21:14:42,845 [WARNING] koji.build.TaskManager: could not init
> mock buildroot, mock exited with status 30

You're asking about koji mock-config, but showing me an error from
kojid. This makes no sense. The 'koji mock-config' command is a debug
tool that allows users to duplicate the mock configuration outside of kojid.

kojid itself generates its own mock configuration on the fly (a new one
for every build in fact). You should not need any sort of default mock
config on the builders for kojid to function.

As for the cause of the mock error 30. You should look at the mock logs
under /var/lib/mock. If the error is not there, you might try running
kojid in the foreground (--fg) so you can see mock's stdout and stderr.