Pungi / anaconda: seeding the pkg selection

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 06:46:09 UTC 2008

The installer cd I'm trying to build (for the School Server) is driven
by 2 custom packages - a metapackage that pulls in all the
dependenciess, and a configuration package that whacks /etc .

Feeding those to Pungi via a kickstart file gets them on the installer
CD, but does not get them installed by default. My overall goals (and
stumbling blocks) are:

 1 - Support interactive installs (that defaults to installing the XS
packages!) for developers & pilot sites. This should be the default on
the grub menu...

  - How do get anaconda to pick those 2 custom packages by default?
Using a kickstart file is not an option - it switches off the
interactive install mode. Is anaconda auto-installing the 'base' group
and should I add them there? Should I create a new group in comps.xml
and get anaconda to have it selected by default?

  - How can I feed Pungi a custom comps.xml?

 1.1 - The interactive install should have a custom 'default' layout
for the autopartitioning. Can I seed that somehow?

 2 - Support a fully automated kickstart install (non-default option
in grub menu). This is also an example for local teams to edit to
their needs...

  - Does Pungi support a %post that can "copy in" a new grub menu to
the isolinux/syslinux directory?

  - ... and add a ks.cfg file to the initrd?

  - Will anaconda probe for ks.cfg in any directories that are easier
to edit than the initrd?

lots of questions :-/

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com