Pungi kickstart packages - stage2 deps vs instaled pkgs

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 05:01:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 9:42 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:
> In any case, Revisor can already do what you're looking for on Fedora 9
> genuine.

Cool. I've spent a good part of today playing with your good Revisor.

I have a few questions, hopefully not too OT for fedora-buildsys (the
links to the revisor lists on
https://fedorahosted.org/revisor/wiki/Troubleshooting#Troubleshooting
seem to be dead, or the server down).

 - Trying to build f9-i386 leads to dep errors -- only if I leave
fedora-updates enabled. The error is:
   Missing Dependency: glibc-common = 2.8-3 is needed by package
glibc-2.8-3.i386 (fedora)

 - I am adding a metapackage that pulls in beecrypt. But I get
depresolv errors about beecrypt -- even with debug=9 I can't see why
beecrypt would not be found. It's right there in the main F9 repo,
from which the depsolv process has already grabbed a all the other
packages.

How I'm running it:

$ sudo revisor --debug=9 --yes  --cli --conf revisor/revisor.conf
--model f9-i386 --install-unified --kickstart-include
--kickstart-default --kickstart revisor/anaconda-f9.ks

The revisor-f9-i386.conf file has these additional repos:

[xs7]
name=XS 0.4 - i386
baseurl=http://fedora.laptop.org/xs/testing/olpc/7/i386
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

[xs9]
name=XS 0.5 - i386
baseurl=http://fedora.laptop.org/xs/testing/olpc/9/i386
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

and the kickstart file is as follows:

###
###  Kickstart file for OLPC XS School Server software
###

### Make it interactive - so these are 'seed' values
interactive

# Provide some defaults
lang en_US.UTF-8
keyboard us
timezone --utc America/New_York
auth --useshadow --enablemd5
selinux --disabled
network --device eth0 --bootproto dhcp --hostname schoolserver

#  We enable the firewall, even though we are going to overwrite
#  what anaconda leaves behind
firewall --enabled

### X?
#skipx

## Enable/Disable some services up front
services --enabled=dhcdbd,network,sshd
--disabled=netfs,nfs,nfslock,rpcbind,rpcgssd,rpcidmapd,rpcsvcgssd

###
### disk partitioning...
###
# clear out sda without qualms...
clearpart --drives=sda

# Small Disk Support:       (xs #7241)
# If space >~10GiB then the sizes are
#       /boot       100 MiB
#       /             8 GiB
#       swap          2 GiB
#       /library    fills all remaining capicity
# If space is limited, partition sizes are reduced.
# Smallest supported capacity is ~5GiB when no livecd-creator
--uncompressed-size argument is
# specified (defaults to 4096).
# Using livecd-creator --uncompressed-size=2048 allows installation on
~3GiB disks (not tested yet).
bootloader --location=mbr --driveorder=sda --append="rhgb quiet"
clearpart --linux --drives=sda
part /boot --fstype ext3 --size=100 --ondisk=sda
part / --fstype ext3 --size=2048 --maxsize=8192 --grow --ondisk=sda
# size of pv.6 must be at least enough to fit /library size and swap size
part pv.6 --size=1025 --grow --ondisk=sda
volgroup VolGroup00 --pesize=32768 pv.6
# Kickstart raises an error if logvol --size=0
logvol /library --fstype ext3 --name=LogVol00 --vgname=VolGroup00
--size=1 --grow
logvol swap --fstype swap --name=LogVol01 --vgname=VolGroup00
--size=1024 --maxsize=2048 --grow

%packages  --nobase

# School server core services metapackage
xs-pkgs
xs-config

bash
kernel
passwd
policycoreutils
chkconfig
authconfig
rootfiles
@admin-tools
-gnome-packagekit

%end

%post

# turn off firstboot for XS builds
echo "RUN_FIRSTBOOT=NO" > /etc/sysconfig/firstboot

%end

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions