Koji End User support

Paul B Schroeder paul.schroeder at bluecoat.com
Thu Apr 30 21:56:35 UTC 2009

Brian Kosick wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have koji running great on a single server setup, and have gotten to
> go ahead to start rolling it out/letting our dev's play with it.   I
> have a question, commands like "koji build dist-el5 SCMURL?pkgname#tip"
> work fine on the koji server, but when I install the koji rpm say on my
> laptop, I keep getting errors like:
>
>  koji build dist-el5 SCMURL?pkg#tip
> Unable to log in, no authentication methods available
>
> My user certs have not changed, and my $HOME is NFS roaming so it's the
> same on the Koji Server and on the "dev" laptop, and the user SSL Certs
> are in the same location.
>
> I do not want to set this up to be a "builder" box that actually does
> the builds, I want to install on a DEV laptop and have them be able to
> call a koji build from there, rather than having to login to the koji
> server.
>
> I took a look at the Howto's and this sort of config/setup doesn't seem
> to be addressed or I just may be dense and missed it.  I would
> appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction for this
> sort of setup.
With SSL certs it should make little difference where you run the client
from.  It's a bit cryptic <cough-cough> <groan>, but is covered in the
Server HOWTO:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/ServerHowTo#Koji_Authentication_Selection

Are you sure /etc/koji.conf is the same on your laptop as the koji
server?  You can set a per user koji config called ~/.koji/config

FYI, here's what mine looks like:
[koji]

;configuration for koji cli tool

;url of XMLRPC server
server = http://koji.bluecoat.com/kojihub

;url of web interface
weburl = http://koji.bluecoat.com/koji

;url of package download site
pkgurl = http://koji.bluecoat.com/packages

;path to the koji top directory
;topdir = /mnt/koji

;configuration for SSL athentication

;client certificate
cert = ~/.koji/client.crt

;certificate of the CA that issued the client certificate
ca = ~/.koji/clientca.crt

;certificate of the CA that issued the HTTP server certificate
serverca = ~/.koji/serverca.crt

Hope that helps somewhat..

Cheers...Paul...

--
---
Paul B Schroeder <paul.schroeder "at" bluecoat "dot" com>