problems of running koji on CentOS with EPEL packages

Greg Swift gregswift at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 01:04:12 UTC 2009

2009/2/11 Mike McLean <mikem at redhat.com>

> Greg Swift wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 19:28, 陈鲍孜 <chenbaozi at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> At the beginning of wiki "
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/ServerHowToProposed", it is
> mentioned
> >> that - "

> also
> can
> >>>
> >> "
> >> I think this may be why I can't make it correctly. What I'm confused now
> is
> >> what the mentioned "hostname(s)".
> >
> > Yeah, as you can tell I was even a bit confused by that section (thus the
> > TODO with the question, I was hoping for some input).  The impression I
> got
> > from the original box was that kojibuilder1, kojibuilder2 etc was the
> naming
> > they were using on their hosts, so by having the username be the same it
> > helped you tie the koji user to the build box.  When I implemented this
> on
> > my network I used the name of the box as the koji userid.  This does not
> > cause koji to automatically associate the two, but allows you as the
> admin
> > to make the association.   If someone has a better explanation i'm open
> > suggestions since my attempt at clarification didn't quite hit the mark.
>
> The koji database has tables for both hosts and users. Each host has an
> associated user that the host authenticates as. Due to a bad choice on
> my part, both the host table and user table have a 'name' column, so it
> is theoretically possible (if you muck around in the db manually) to
> create a situation where the name of the host entry is not the same as
> the name of the associated user entry. /However/ the cli (and the api)
> do not facilitate this. In all normal situations the name of the host
> and the name of the associated user will be the same.
>
> When you run 'koji add-host', the hub will create both the host and user
> entries. There is no need to manually add a user for the host, the
> add-host command will do it for you. If a user of the same name already
> exists (host or not) the command will fail.
>
> You are free to name the hosts anything you like. You do not have to use
> the fqdn or anything.

so in the example:

admin-user-name at kojihub$ koji add-host kojibuilder1.example.com i386 x86_64

You could actually just put kojibuilder1 and then in
/etc/koji/kojid.conf do this:

user = kojibuilder1

If that is the case, awesome.. that through me off because the
original documentation used the kojibuilder1.example.com.  Should I
adjust that to take that into consideration in the Proposed doc?

> The user kojid authenticates as determines which host it represents. The
> machine it is running on is not a direct factor.
>
> > Anyways, in the Builder Setup section you add the host to koji's database
> > and then on the builder you specify the host as the user in
> > /etc/kojid/kojid.conf, these should match.  It was my impression that
> this
> > should match the user name that you created in the SSL configuration.
>  I'm
> > not sure if you are using SSL, and that might be adding to the confusion
> if
> > you are not *shrug*
>
> Authentication in koji can get messy. Sometimes when getting started, it
> is easier to start out using password auth and tackle ssl/krb later.
> Note that you should not use password auth in production.

I guess i can see that point since the ssl certificates were one of the
first things I got hung up on.

-greg