ActionNotAllowed: admin permission required

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Thu May 14 19:38:28 UTC 2009

Lester Pimentel wrote:
> [kojiadmin at testmachine ~]$ koji add-user kojira
> ActionNotAllowed: admin permission required

I note the command prompt shows your (system) username as kojiadmin, the
same as the koji username you have in the db below. Please note that
there is no relationship between system users and koji users. Being
logged into testmachine as kojiadmin does inherently mean the koji will
treat you as the koji user of the same name.

Check and see what user koji thinks you are (if any). Use this command:
# koji call getLoggedInUser
If it reports None, then you are not authenticating at all.

> Here's what my users look like in the koji db:
>
>  id |            name            | password | status | usertype | krb_principal
>  10 | koji                       |          |      0 |        0 |
>  12 | kojiadmin                  |          |      0 |        1 |

Base on the name, I assume that kojiadmin is going to be your main admin
  account. However, it shows up with usertype=1 (build host). This is
not a good idea. Builders as their own non-admin user, and admin
accounts should not be flagged as build hosts.