[Fwd: someone asked....]

jason pratt themadtux at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Dec 14 19:11:09 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 15:37, Fernando Fernandez wrote:

> 	someone asked, why id prefer a more upstream version of gnome AND KDE.
> opposed To the red hat customized versions...
> 	its simple I think the "redhat changes" in the desktop
> environment--overstep certain boundaries, really making it harder to
> upgrade, the said environments. and customize to my liking the look and
> feel of my computer.

I'd have to disagree. Red Hats modification of the default GNOME desktop
is by far a more professional unified look.  It's one of the best
looking gnome desktops in a distribution period. If they went with a
default GNOME redhat/fedora would loose alot of appeal to me,
personally.

--
Jason Pratt
Linux User # 334419