3D screensavers - separate package

Jens Knutson jensknutson at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 01:55:17 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 19:41, seth vidal wrote:

> Sounds fine to me as long as I don't have a list of, conservatively,
> 180+ screensavers in the current pkg.
>
> Speaking of that isn't there someone in the HIG people who thinks that a
> select list of 180 options is an abomination?

I can't speak for the KDE situation, but as far as GNOME goes, this will
eventually be solved - they're just going to replace xscreensaver at
some point (hopefully for 2.8, but who knows?)  This message looks
promising anyhow:

http://lists.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2003-December/msg00017.html

So anyway, yeah, GNOME recognizes the problems with xscreensaver, and at
some point, we'll get a nice replacement.

 - jck

--
"To turn $100 into $110 is work. To turn $100 million into $110 million
is inevitable"