Fedora-desktop-list Digest, Vol 6, Issue 11

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Mon Aug 16 06:32:57 UTC 2004

Michael Knepher wrote:

>>Another point: Webbrowsing. Today FC uses moz - which has a nice engine
>>etc. But Epiphany is still better integrated with Gnome (and no
>>difference when talking HTML engine): Why not use this as the standard
>>web-browser instead?
>>

>Check out some of the newer builds of mozilla - there's a lot of gtk2
>integration going in that makes it fit in the desktop better appearance-
>wise. Here's a screenshot showing mozilla using the gtk+2.4 file
>chooser:
>http://sayamindu.randomink.org/ramblings/images/mozilla_pango.png

Excellent.  Hope its working fine for you.  If you encounter any
problems with it, do let me know at http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

BTW, I hope to build a rawhide RPM with the latest incarnations of my
file picker stuff in the next day or so to get wider exposure here.

>>Only prob. as far as i can see, is that neither moz or epiphany has a
>>user-friendly way to select which printer you want to use. Whic is...
>>BAD!
>>
>For epiphany, it should be a fairly simple matter. I'm not sure what's
>involved with getting mozilla/firefox to use the new print system.

I'm on the job here.  I'll post more about it when I get closer to have
something working.