Paring Down the Screensavers - RFC

Simon Perreault nomis80 at nomis80.org
Thu Feb 19 21:20:08 UTC 2004

On February 19, 2004 14:42, Jens Knutson wrote:
> Any box running Fedora that doesn't meet those
> requirements will come practically to a *halt* when one of these comes
> up.

No it won't. Because the screensaver priority is set low (if it is not
already, then it should be), the screensaver will run very slowly but the
rest of the system will not be hindered.

> The default set should probably consist of 5-10 very minimal,
> non-3D, "professional" (read: very conservative) screensavers.

There are 15MB of screen savers installed with xscreensaver. Some should go,
if only to make space for more important stuff. So I agree. ;)

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80 at nomis80.org> -- http://nomis80.org