Screensavers in FC3

Ed Mack lists at edmack.com
Tue Jul 13 18:29:37 UTC 2004

> True, bootstrapping GCC is not a typical user activity. However, paying
> electricity bills is pretty common. Given that many people now have a
> couple computers at home, the money saved by not driving the monitors
> 24/7 would be attractive.

The way I run my computers is about 10 mins of screen-savers (Just for
view, and also to remind me to get back to it :)) and then power saving
blank. Does me great.

For some nice screensavers, I say get the (assuming liscencing is ok)
'Really Slick X Screensavers' pack. It's very MacOSX-ish and pleasent to
watch (All openGL).

http://rss-glx.sourceforge.net/

For simplistic, keep the simple text one, and XRaySwarm and
AntSpotlight. They are pretty and Screen-saverish (not just hackish :)

Ed