f8 desktop livecd

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 20:05:07 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> Just stop the "closed group" mantra, please. We are discussing this on a
>> public mailing list.
>
> Yes this is a public list and it is desktop specific and it was pretty
> much dead for a few releases. This is not a place to get project wide
> support.

Rahul, There are many contributors on this list, including non Red Hat
employees, and several board members are keenly following threads here.

> If desktop team is a SIG and acting in the open, I would able
> to find the list of members, lead etc but like I said before things have
> improved more than before.

So in order to be open one needs to have a SIG?   That means that
countless "open" source projects really aren't because they don't have
SIGs or list their full membership?  Seriously.  Stop.  Adding false
conflict only serves to harm the project as a whole.