f8 desktop livecd

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 1 20:15:16 UTC 2007

Christopher Aillon wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Matthias Clasen wrote:
>>> Just stop the "closed group" mantra, please. We are discussing this on a
>>> public mailing list.
>>
>> Yes this is a public list and it is desktop specific and it was pretty
>> much dead for a few releases. This is not a place to get project wide
>> support.
>
> Rahul, There are many contributors on this list, including non Red Hat
> employees, and several board members are keenly following threads here.

I don't understand the amount of resistance in following any process at
all and providing feedback where it matters. If you want the board to do
something, then communicate what you want to them. Is that a big deal?

> So in order to be open one needs to have a SIG?

Nope but in Fedora if there is a team working together on something it
would be usually easy to atleast find out who the members are. How do I
find out who the members are in the desktop team? Who is making the
decisions and where are they making it in all the previous releases? A
SIG or sub project is how people organize together in Fedora.

All the work on the desktop in Fedora does goes without any visibility
and I have already talked to various members about this problem in the
past. Getting defensive is not going to solve it. You merely end up
shooting the messenger.

Rahul