Fedora and 3D Desktop

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 15:56:50 UTC 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 2:15 PM, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > In Fedora there is a option "Enable desktop effects" but it looks from
> > users point of view that it is there only so that nobody can't say
> > that fedora project doesn't have 3D desktop feature.
>
> You are being obnoxious. AIGLX which is used in most distributions for
> "3D desktops" today was developed with Fedora.

Have I offended you in some way?

> > I'm not trying to start some flame bait thread, but I'm really asking
> > what is the official Fedora project standpoint regarding 3D Desktop.
>
> http://hoegsberg.blogspot.com/2007/08/compiz-and-fedora.html
>
> Rahul

I know about aigxl being made by red hat developers, I bloged about it
some 3 years ago on my blog when nobody outside red hat knew that
aiglx.

http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/index.php/archives/extremni-eyecandy/

ps. thanks for the link, I'll read it right now

Valent
--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic