Gnote in F12

Thu Jun 4 07:05:37 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 12:28 PM, Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com> wrote:

> Comparing to f-spot very favorably ... it doesn't drag whole VM
> machinery, and feels pretty fast (I don't have any *sharp* packages
> installed though, so it is some time last time I had personal experience
> with f-spot). Truth to be told its functionality is limited to f-spot (it
> can call Gimp on selected image, but doesn't do almost any image
> manipulation itself), but that's debatable whether image collection
> manager should duplicate functionality of Gimp. And of course, patches
> welcome :).

A somewhat well formed usage of F-Spot is using it to upload pictures
to various services like flickr, smugmug and Picassa even. So, while
basic image manipulation (contrast, sharpness, brightness, hue,
saturation) might be a requirement along with aspects like crop, the
upload part is good to have as well. That was one of the reasons I am
looking for a features (now and upcoming) list/page for solang.