Redirecting ABRT spam

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Mon Sep 14 14:32:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Matthew Barnes <mbarnes at redhat.com> wrote:
> Now that Fedora's ABRT system has begun spewing random Evolution crash
> reports at me, I have to spend more time manually forwarding the stack
> traces upstream to our BugBuddyBugs component that we designated for
> this kind of thing.  So far the flow of incoming reports is a mere
> trickle, but I expect this to become much more time consuming once
> Fedora 12 is released.

The way I very strongly think this should work is that crashes should
not be Bugzilla bugs, but submitted anonymously and maintainers can
then go and look at a custom UI to see the top crashes for a package.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-devel-list/2009-August/msg01439.html

Doing this is waiting on Fedora infrastructure.