[fedora-java] Should java-1.4.2-gcj-compat require xerces-j2?

David Walluck david at zarb.org
Mon Aug 8 11:46:54 UTC 2005

Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp.org> wrote:

> javax.naming.* and subpackages should be provided by libgcj/classpath.
> We were up to date till at least 1.3, but maybe some newer classes are
> missing. Could you post any compile errors and/or post a bug report
> containing these to http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/bugs.html

I have no problems building tomcat5 with regard to the javax.naming package.
Concerning whatever problem I do have, I posted the ant stacktrace to
the list.
I know this isn't very helpful. To get a real stack trace, I think I need to
launch JspC directly, but I didn't take the time to figure out how to do this
yet as the included scripts didn't work.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<david at zarb.org>