[fedora-java] Automating pre-build/checkout steps for eclipse features/plugins?

David Walluck david at zarb.org
Fri Jul 8 16:09:28 UTC 2005

Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon at redhat.com> wrote:

> JPackage already package GEF and I don't think they use that project's
> releng plug-in (at least not the last time I looked). There are many
> problem with the releng plug-in (as discussed in Ben's proposal that
> Andrew posted), but point well taken on re-solving the problem.

We (JPackage) build GEF manually using the provided source zips.
However, we ran
into a couple missing files since the source zips are not meant for building,
but are instead meant for internal use by eclipse only.

The plugin method has problems, but the above method is not really
valid in the
long run. If we tried building more than one plugin like this, I think we'd be
in trouble.

I haven't really looked at the spec for cdt, so I don't know how this is done,
but I don't think the plugin method works either, based on Ben's proposal for
fixing it.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck