[fedora-java] Automating pre-build/checkout steps for eclipse features/plugins?

Phil Muldoon pmuldoon at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 14:55:57 UTC 2005

> Are you asking, should we use the releng "plugins" to build them?
> Assuming you mean that, I think we should. Otherwise we're creating
> a redundant second build system. JPackage generally uses whatever build
> system the upstream project uses - be that ant, maven or whatever.

JPackage already package GEF and I don't think they use that project's
releng plug-in (at least not the last time I looked). There are many
problem with the releng plug-in (as discussed in Ben's proposal that
Andrew posted), but point well taken on re-solving the problem.

> Could you post (to me, or to the list) the .spec files you have done for
> RHDS?

They basically render down to calling the releng plugins and tar'ing up
the output. However they are based on old versions of the VE/EMF/GEF and
still expect zips to drop instead of tar.gz. Also the spec files  do not
use GCJ. We basically rewrote the CDT spec file for Fedora from the
ground up, and it has little (if any) similarity to the spec file in
RHDS.

Let me ask about the spec files, but even better, I'll attempt a first
GCJ spec cut for VE/GEF/EMF based off the CDT spec file, with the
appropriate GCJ/dbtool bits worked in.

Phil
--
GPG Key ID: 1024D/239442FF