[fedora-java] Re: default .db for gij

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Fri Mar 11 18:46:41 UTC 2005

Jakub> Now, if you are storing full paths of shared libraries, I guess
Jakub> it needs to live in /usr/$LIB/java/ somewhere (so that there are
Jakub> separate 32-bit and 64-bit .db's on say x86-64, ppc*, s390* etc.).

Yes, it stores full paths.
Right now the default is:

    ## Where the standard .db file is found.
    dbexecdir = $(libdir)/gcj- at gcc_version@
    ## Name of the default .db.
    db_name = classmap.db

Colin> Conceptually it's just a cache right?  Why not put it in
Colin> /var/cache/ somewhere?

That is fine by me.  I think I'd have to resurrect the patch to add a
gcc configure option for this, since it seems weird to look in
/var/cache in a typical gcc build... ordinarily we're constrained to
$prefix.

Whatever the gcc and java project packaging folks want here, I will
implement.  Just let me know.

Tom