[fedora-java] default .db for gij

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Fri Mar 11 23:00:40 UTC 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 10:49:18AM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Jakub, libgcj will build and install a default .db.  However, I'm not
> sure we really want to have this file owned by the gcc RPM.  It is
> going to be modified by other RPMs as they are installed... what is
> the usual thing to do in this situation?

Why not install the different .db's into a database.d/ directory
like we do for a bunch of things now (like /etc/profile.d). This
would make adding/deleting from it much simpler, and it would
also help a lot to avoid the O(n^2) recompilation step since we
can recompile just based on file timestamps.

The dir.d/ stuff works very well in practice, let's be consistent
and use it everywhere it applies.

--
Dimi.