[fedora-java] status on FOP, Saxon

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Feb 7 21:47:22 UTC 2006

Since FC5 has slipped its schedule so far out, we were hoping we might
get a toolchain using an ecj compiled FOP into test3.

We're currently relying upon a hacked version of xmlto that includes FOP
and Saxon as targets, and we need to get FOP and Saxon in Fedora Extras
to justify the upstream maintainer accepting the patch.

1. Where are we on a natively compiled FOP?
2. Can we compile Saxon with ecj as well?
3. Are there any volunteers to package these for Extras?

AFAIK, _no_one_ has a 100% free modern DocBook XML toolchain that builds
PDFs without a hitch and is in-step with the upstream DocBook project.
Fedora Documentation Project wants to provide that free toolchain, and
we are relying upon you all to help us get there.

Thanks - Karsten
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject