[fedora-java] Re: FC5 release notes for java

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Mon Feb 6 19:24:52 UTC 2006

Anthony> I also think it's in everybody's best interest if Sun, IBM,
Anthony> BEA _did_ package their systems using the JPackage
Anthony> guidelines, so spreading the meme that it is a requirement is
Anthony> a good idea.  In a sense, it also "breaks" alternatives,
Anthony> since users may put /opt/whatever in their path.  Why
Anthony> encourage something that is just bad practice?

I think we ought to make a strong attempt to push this, while it could
still have some effect.  We can always soften it later if we don't
convince upstream.

Tom