[fedora-java] Building RPM's with Java alternatives

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Jan 6 13:24:38 UTC 2006

I have the Sun JDK installed on FC2 using the -compat package from JPackage
and I'm trying to rebuild the new subversion-1.3.0-2 SRPM. I get a bunch of
compile errors for the javahl subpackage from what appear to be header
incompatibilities. Has anyone tried this?

(I had to patch the subversion spec file to use the more generic link to
the JDK and to set the BuildRequires to the generic JDK-compat Provides
instead of the gcj-specific one.)

I'll reply back to this thread as I learn more, with more details about
exactly what is happening. I just wanted to see if anyone else has tried
substituting the Sun JDK for gcj and run into something similar.