[fedora-java] Building RPM's with Java alternatives

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Fri Jan 6 19:09:27 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Kenneth" == Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com> writes:

Kenneth> I have the Sun JDK installed on FC2 using the -compat package from
Kenneth> JPackage and I'm trying to rebuild the new subversion-1.3.0-2 SRPM. I
Kenneth> get a bunch of compile errors for the javahl subpackage from what
Kenneth> appear to be header incompatibilities. Has anyone tried this?

I haven't tried this.  What kind of header incompatibilities do you
get?  Could you post some of the error messages?

Kenneth> I'll reply back to this thread as I learn more, with more details
Kenneth> about exactly what is happening. I just wanted to see if anyone else
Kenneth> has tried substituting the Sun JDK for gcj and run into something
Kenneth> similar.

In theory the headers we export (mostly jni.h) should be both source-
and binary-compatible with Sun.

The same should hold true for JNI headers generated by javah, but I
think we have a couple known 'gcjh -jni' buglets.  In your case,
though, I'd expect you're using the "real" javah, and thus "shouldn't"
see this.

Tom