[fedora-java] FC6 gcj notes

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Tue Jul 18 18:54:21 UTC 2006

>>>>> "David" == David Walluck <david at zarb.org> writes:

David> Does the ecj branch have any runtime support for generics, or is it just
David> compile-time support?

Mostly just the compile-time support.  It does support some of the new
reflection data, but not annotations, which are the most important
bit.  (Actually much of this support has been written, at least on the
runtime side.  We're really just missing a piece from Classpath... if
we managed to import 0.92 we could fix this up after the release.)

David> I will be wanted to test the libgcj rpm whenever it is released. I was
David> actually able to build HEAD (4.2) with the 4.1.1 compiler with a few
David> changes, but then the bins don't look in the right place for the .spec
David> file, etc. I don't know if that kind of setup is supported anyway, but
David> at least HEAD already has 0.91 checked in.

Bryce back-ported trunk libjava to the 4.1 compiler.  I think this is
in rawhide but I am not completely sure.

Tom