[fedora-java] FC6 gcj notes

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Thu Jul 20 19:15:53 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 14:48 -0400, David Walluck wrote:
> I don't think it matters that it's being done late in the test cycle.
> The new classpath versions are generally so much better than the old
> ones, that I think it will be worth it.

Thanks! We are always working hard to make sure every release is only
better and doesn't have bad regressions.

> I will be wanted to test the libgcj rpm whenever it is released. I was
> actually able to build HEAD (4.2) with the 4.1.1 compiler with a few
> changes, but then the bins don't look in the right place for the .spec
> file, etc. I don't know if that kind of setup is supported anyway, but
> at least HEAD already has 0.91 checked in.

And there is now a patch for 0.92-pre (hopefully close to 0.92 final)
for HEAD: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2006-07/msg00057.html
Testers welcome! Hopefully we will be able to backport most of that to
4.1

Cheers,

Mark