[fedora-java] Re: Did the Eclipse update in updates-testing break for anyone else?

Mary Ellen Foster foster at in.tum.de
Mon Nov 20 19:45:49 UTC 2006

On 20/11/06, Ben Konrath <bkonrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 06:35 +0000, Mary Ellen Foster wrote:
> > I think I tried "-clean", and I think it didn't have any effect ...
> > could try again to make sure if you want.
>
> Sure, that would be much appreciated.

Okay, just tried:
- copied my old, backed-up .eclipse back to ~/.eclipse
- ran "eclipse -clean" with new Eclipse from updates-testing
- same error as before (window pops up saying to check log file, log
file whines about unresolved bundles, ...)

Is there no way that the configuration change could be automated? I'm
fairly certain a lot of people run "yum update" without religiously
reading all of the update announcements ...

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/