[fedora-java] Re: Did the Eclipse update in updates-testing break for anyone else?

Ben Konrath bkonrath at redhat.com
Mon Nov 20 20:13:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 19:45 +0000, Mary Ellen Foster wrote:
> On 20/11/06, Ben Konrath <bkonrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 06:35 +0000, Mary Ellen Foster wrote:
> > > I think I tried "-clean", and I think it didn't have any effect ...
> > > could try again to make sure if you want.
> >
> > Sure, that would be much appreciated.
>
> Okay, just tried:
> - copied my old, backed-up .eclipse back to ~/.eclipse
> - ran "eclipse -clean" with new Eclipse from updates-testing
> - same error as before (window pops up saying to check log file, log
> file whines about unresolved bundles, ...)

Ok, thanks. I'll change the update notice.

> Is there no way that the configuration change could be automated? I'm
> fairly certain a lot of people run "yum update" without religiously
> reading all of the update announcements ...

I haven't fully investigated an automated solution to updating the user
configuration because I'm busy with other stuff. Since I don't know when
I would have time for this, I was planning to just push the update as
is. I would gladly accept a solution if you came up with something.

Thanks, Ben