[fedora-java] packaging freemind, anyone interested?

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Mon Sep 4 07:28:24 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 16:21 +0200, Mario Torre wrote:
> Il giorno sab, 02/09/2006 alle 23.03 +0200, Till Maas ha scritto:
> > Hiyas,
> >
> > I want to ask if anyone here is interested in packaging freemind
> > (http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page). I do not know
> > whether or not it does run with fedora's free java but I am missing it from
> > the time before I used fedora. This is why I want to ask if anyone here would
> > be so kind and package it for fedora. It is a free mind-mapping software that
> > in my eyes is the best free mind-mapping software currently available.
> >
> Last time I checked (classpath cvs of a couple of days ago, with cacao
> and jamvm), it did not worked well (the application was quite
> unisable).. It may be a problem of the current cvs though, as it seem to
> introduce some regressions (I still have to check carefully but even
> flickrbackup does not run anymore).

You probably need this patch that restores HTML support in free swing
widgets:

2006-09-01  Roman Kennke  <kennke at aicas.com>

        PR 28922
        * javax/swing/plaf/basic/BasicHTML.java
        (HTMLRootView.getAttributes): Overridden to return null.
        (HTMLRootView.getElement): Overridden to return the view's
        element.

Freemind does startup and run with the gcj included in FC6t3 (out any
day now). http://gnu.wildebeest.org/diary/index.php?p=160
But it is not 100% there yet, some of the HTML support is being worked
on atm.

Cheers,

Mark